The National Bone Marrow Transplant Link is dedicated to helping individuals and their families from diagnosis through survivorship. We work with hospitals, cancer centers, and other organizations to reinforce and complement medical care.
The nbmtLINK offers a number of unique resources to meet your needs:
- Graft Versus Host Disease: Living with the After Effects of Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant
- nbmtLINK 2 GB USB Flashdrive
- Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant Frequently Asked Questions-Helpful Information for Patients, Caregivers and Families
- Survivorship Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant, Coping with Late Effects
- Caregivers’ Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant, Practical Perspectives
- Voices of Hope & Healing for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant
- Voices of Hope & Healing (Interactive)
- Resource Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant, Friends Helping Friends
- DVD: The New Normal (also available on YouTube)
- Be The Match Resources for non-English Speakers
- Be The Match Post-Transplant Care Guidelines
- Gathering Stones One Woman’s Personal Journey through Cancer
Our publications are available online for you to read, download, or print out for free. If you would like hard copies, you may order any of the booklets for a small charge. Our webcasts contain helpful information on topics such as care-giving for a bone marrow transplant patient and chronic Graft Versus Host Disease in children and adults. Our Online Library consists of hundreds of journal articles, booklets and reference materials relating to bone marrow/stem cell transplant issues. And if you still have not found the information you need, please feel free to contact our staff with any questions.
Resources & Support
The National Bone Marrow Transplant Link offers and promotes a number of supportive programs and services for bone marrow transplant patients and their families:
- Coping with cGVHD Telephone Education/Support Group
- Celebrate Your Second Birthday!
- Peer Support for Patients and Caregivers
- Be The Match Caregiver’s Companion Program
- Be The Match One-on-One Support
- Voices of Hope and Healing (Audio Version)
Telephone Education and Support Group for
Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplant Survivors:
Coping with Chronic Graft versus Host Disease
- Facilitated by Sandra Mitchell, PhD, CRNP, AOCNand Michael Krumlauf, RN, MSN from the National Institutes of Health.
- Four Week Sessions for 8-10 Survivors
- Groups are held twice a year in spring and fall, call for dates
- No charge for participation
Week 1: Overview of Chronic Graft versus Host Disease
Week 2: Understanding and Living with Chronic Graft versus Host Disease
Week 3: Exploring Options for Improving Health and Well-Being
Week 4: Facing Forward: Developing Your Personal Plan for Managing Chronic Graft versus Host Disease and Living Well
For additional information or to register, please call:
Cindy Goldman at 800-LINK-BMT (800-546-5268) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate Your Second Birthday!
Contact the nbmtLINK at info@nbmtlink to receive a specially designed card that recognizes you and your caregiver on your transplant anniversary. Since survivorship issues, both physical and emotional, often continue for years after transplant, this program focuses attention on the ongoing needs of BMT survivors and their caregivers, creating a community that understands the importance of this “second birthday.” If you or someone you love would like to be recognized, please contact Cindy Goldman at 800-546-5268 or email email@example.com
Reassurance, Understanding, and Support when you
need them the most.
“Peer Support on Call Program” is a free service offered by the National Bone Marrow Transplant Link. Emotional support is available through one-on-one conversations with trained peer support volunteers who are bone marrow/stem cell transplant survivors, caregivers and marrow donors. Since they have been through the transplant experience themselves, they understand the patient’s and caregiver’s feelings and can provide an empathetic point of view. For patients and caregivers, peer support is only a phone call away. If you would like to request a phone call from a peer support volunteer, please click here or call our office at 800-LINK-BMT (800-546-5268).
The road to, through, and beyond BMT can be challenging for both the patient and the caregiver. Often times, the needs of the caregiver may go unnoticed. The Caregiver’s Companion Program combines the confidential support of a Be The Match caregiver coach with a toolkit that helps caregivers manage stress and stay emotionally and physically healthy.
Be The Match One-on-One Support
When you have questions before, during or after transplant, our experienced team of Patient Services Coordinators can provide answers, connect you to resources, and help you navigate transplant. Contact a Patient Services Coordinator by calling 1 888 999 6743 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Be The Match offers one-on-one professional guidance and education by answering your questions, sharing resources, and providing support. Our team of patient services coordinators can devote as much time as needed—at no cost to you. We’re here for you every step of the way, from diagnosis through survivorship. Contact a Patient Services Coordinator by calling 1888 999 6743 or emailing email@example.com